Early winter night
boys come together with change
a box of crackers
Fireworks remind me of my childhood days when my brother Mr. A Junior, my buddies – V, A, J, S, Miss S and I (Little T) used to assemble on the terrace of our building with whatever money we could save up. Then we used to debate on which are best crackers that we can buy with the money we have. Ah… those days when we used to buy Bijli bombs for Rs. 10 a packet (1 packet has 100 or more sticks).
Oh we also had those Chinese cracker pistols (state-of-the-art and lethal in every sense). My favorite was the fake shotgun. We, anxiously, waited for Diwali month to come so that we can play Chor-Police (Thief and Police), a game played since time without beginning, with all the fireworks and Chinese cracker guns.
My buddies and I used to come up with amazing plots to make the game interesting and edgy like fake kidnappings, bank robbery, nuke attacks, floppy stealing acts and more.
The game is fairly simple and straight forward. If you want to play Chor-Police and wondering how to go about it, read on.
Chor-Police ‘The Ultimate Outdoor Sport’
This sport requires mental as well as physical strength, and you need a solid fucking plot with massive fireworks.
Number of players: Minimum 10 and the more the better it gets. Divide the members in equal parts (no, don’t slice them into two). One half are the ‘Bad Guys’ and the remaining ‘Good Guys’.
1. Bijli Bomb packet – 2-4
2. Chinese Cracker Pistols – One for each member of the gang and the Police force
3. Cracker rolls for Chinese Pistols – Two rolls for each member
4. Laxmi Bomb: A packet of 6 for each member. Laxmi Bomb is the fake dynamite stick, they are powerful so use your wisdom when you use it
5. Sutli Bomb (Wool Bomb): A pack of 5 only for the team leader. These are Nukes, these are supremely powerful and destructive. Use it to blow the headquarter of the opponent. \m/
6. Plot or Storyline: A solid storyline that can be the next Bollywood smasher is what you need. No items numbers (we are still kids, remember!). Good guys beat bad guys sells like hot cakes.
Load up your Chinese cracker pistols with pistol rolls. Aim. Fire. Do not throw the crackers on your friends or opponents because you don’t want their moms to smack your butt off.
Now, go on and play Chor-Police. Dishkaoooo. Dishkaooo. Don’t forget to improvise.
Disclaimer: Only buy crackers that are manufactured by adults and not by children. Also, be careful with the crackers. Don’t blow your face or hands up.