Creativity is a remarkable trait that you want in your personality. But there are times, when you tend to doubt and because of the doubt, your life condition goes down. There are times when you just fail to create or write the piece you, desperately, want to. I can understand how it feels and that is why I have written this article. These tips (all tried and tested) have so far helped me in my poetry and writing career. Go ahead and grab some of these or all and let me know if they are good or not.
1. Seek inspiration from mundane activities: The jar of creative juices is empty, but you don’t have to worry, you don’t have to fret. The world around us, no matter how mundane it may seem, is filled with objects, people, scenes that can spark up your creative engine. Look around, observe and invite them to be a part of your next piece. My poem, titled, The Blue Ballerinas is inspired by a lovely pair of shoes of a friend.
2. Meditation: There are times when your mind is occupied with too many things at the same time. There are times when you get frustrated for not writing a poem or a piece. This is not your inability to create, but just a momentary phase called the writer’s block. Meditation is a great way to regain focus and the ability to create something new. It helps you relax your mind and also lets you discover your own self.
3. Talk to yourself: Sometimes you don’t need anyone but yourself. This tip is closely connected to my previous tip as meditation helps you discover your own identity. Talk to yourself about yourself, let you meet you and see what happens. You get ideas that can be amazing and worth writing on. So, try this out sometime.
4. Change your perspective: Look at the same thing with a different perspective. I would not say your perspective has to be positive you can look at the subject at hand with shades of grey as well. By a slight shift, you can feel the difference, and your piece reflects the same.
5. A gentle reminder: Take a piece of paper and list down what you have achieved in the past. Now, carefully look at each of the items listed as it is a proof that you are capable enough to achieve anything you dream of.
Remember, to be able to create something from scratch is a great thing and you have it in you to bring out what is inside. Go ahead and take out some sheets, scribble your heart out and share with the world, they are eagerly waiting to read your work.
This article by me was published on Ezine articles. You can read it here as well, http://ezinearticles.com/?Five-Quick-Tips-to-Be-Creative-All-the-Time&id=7387411.